Dark Angel Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Hellgirl's Diary Part 3

The answer-yes. Lucky Dude was still alive and kicking till school ended. Taking my time with the packing of my bag, as I leave school only after everyone leaves, I looked around, only to find Lucky Dude staring at me, grinning.

‘Am I that amusing?’ I heard the words from his mouth in a mocking voice.

-Silence-

Ignoring him, I picked my bag up and walked out. Unfortunately, he followed.

‘Why’s everyone afraid of you?’

‘I’m a walking murderer.’

‘Really? Doesn’t look like it.’

I turned sharply and stared at him.

‘Maybe this will let the message sink through your head. My parents have tried to kill me since I was a kid. No one dares to talk to me. Make eye contact with me and misfortune will hit you seconds later.’

I paused for a while.

‘But apparently, it doesn’t apply to you.’

‘What can I say? I’m a lucky guy.’

‘Pfft. More like you’re God’s son or something.’

He burst out laughing. Rolling my eyes, I walked ahead, leaving him behind.

‘The nerve. Sheesh,’ I thought.

I thought my explanation had finally gotten him to stop talking to me when he caught up with me a while later.

‘Sorry. Didn’t mean to laugh.’

I glared at him again.

‘Yea. And I’m James Bond’s wife.’

‘No, really.’

He walked in front of me, blocking my path.

‘Friends?’ he said, sticking his hand out towards me.

I continued staring at him, trying to identify him as an alien that exploded from Mars and landed here on Earth.

‘You’re crazy. After what I told you back there, you want to be my friend now?!!’ I asked.

‘What’s wrong with that?’ he asked, casually.

‘What can I say to make you leave if all I said just now didn’t work?’

‘Err… Nothing, actually. I mentioned I’m not superstition person and I’m not about to change that.’

‘It’s not superstition, it really happens. You only say it’s superstitious because there’s no proof of it in black and white, since it hasn’t happened to you yet,’ I said. Keeping my glare, I continued, ‘I wasn’t hallucinating when all those people just dropped dead just by shaking my hand!’

At that point of time, I actually thought I felt tears at the back of my eyes. Thankfully, they were obedient enough to not flow in front of Lucky Dude. It was true I wasn’t hallucinating, and to tell you the truth, I wanted it to stop. I wanted to stop taking people’s lives away, to stop giving hospitals a million and one patients every day and to stop my silence because it would save the person an injury and maybe even death.

‘I can change that,’ Lucky Dude said, solemnly.

I rolled my eyes at him in disbelief. The guy obviously didn’t get it.

‘I believe I used the correct words but I just have to ask, which part of the phrase “I’m a death omen” do you not understand?’

‘I don’t believe in death omens.’

I was getting real fed up. Fine. If he didn’t believe me, I’d prove it to him. Yanking him by the sleeve, I walked towards the guard house. Smiling for the first time in 10 years, I looked at the guard and said, ‘Hi, you know me as the Hellgirl. How do you do?’

The effect was immediate. The 40-year-old man tripped over nothing in particular and fell down. I frowned and turned back to Lucky Dude, swearing to myself I heard bones cracking.

‘There. Believe me now?’

‘No. That was an accident.’

I could hardly believe my ears.

‘You’re naïve. So what did he trip over? Thin air molecules?’

‘It’s just coincidence,’ he insisted.

‘Oh, so the people around me died by coincidence?’ I asked, raising my eyebrow.

‘Maybe…’

‘Yea, right. You’re just incurable.’

With that, I picked up my bag and walked away, ignoring the screams of the guard. I didn’t have to look to see both his shins were broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment