Dark Angel Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday, October 31, 2008

A Hellgirl's Diary Part 5

2 September 1998

Honestly, those peabrains never get it, do they? All the accusations, court cases, laws… None of them work. Yet they still don’t give up.

The Stuarts next door claimed their 5-month-old daughter, Angelica, caught a glimpse of me through the window last night around the time I was already asleep, and apparently, that’s what caused the death of their baby.

Just for the record, I don’t sleep standing when I’ve got a perfectly nice bed to sleep on. Let alone at the window, which is on the other side of the room. So provided the baby could see through walls, I did not cause its death.

Anyways, after the commotion outside the house, (Mrs. Stuart tried strangling me, but her fingers set on fire), I made my way to school, half-hoping the news hadn’t travelled that fast yet.

Who was I kidding? Mr. Stuart is a well-known man in these parts. Any news regarding his family would spread through town like flowing water. Good or bad, it wouldn’t matter. Those rat-porters (reporters) would do anything as long as their paper got the credit. And the Stuarts wouldn’t matter, because it gave them publicity.

Stupidity has conquered them.

True enough, it seemed that everyone had already found out about the baby. The corridors were mysteriously empty and during lunch break, everyone literally raced out the classroom, refusing to stay in the same room with me. Everyone, except “Lucky Dude”.

‘Not going out for lunch?’

-Silence-

‘You’re not deaf, are you?’

That did it. I looked up and glared at him angrily.

‘No, I’m not deaf. But I’m not stupid either. I, for one, wouldn’t walk into my own grave,’ I snapped.

‘You’re not harping on that still, are you?’

‘Harping? Who says I’m harping? I’m just trying to implant that fact into that small brain of yours,’ I snapped.

‘And if I don’t want it implanted?’

I continued glaring.

‘Stay-away-from-me. Trust me, you’d be doing me a favor.’

‘Don’t you feel lonely, then?’

Oh hell, he actually looked amused.

‘Why should I?’ I retorted. ‘I’ve been alone for the whole of my life. I’m not exaggerating because it’s the truth. And I don’t think I need to tell you why.’

‘I know. But that doesn’t mean I believe it,’ said Lucky Dude. ‘And just because you’ve been alone, it doesn’t mean you’re not lonely. It gives you a reason to feel that way.’

I glared daggers at him.

‘That’s your problem. Not mine. Now get lost and leave me alone.’

Shrugging, he left. I sighed and started on my physics homework. Not that it’s got a deadline, but I didn’t have anything to do. And I’m not the day-dreamer type.

Classes started an hour later. Mrs. Olivia, our English teacher, was about to say something when Leonard Stevens ran in, tripped over Dennis’s outstretched foot and landed right next to my desk. Everyone except Lucky Dude gasped in horror. Leonard was about to get up when Dennis’s scissors slipped off his desk and speared through Leonard’s thigh. Crying out in pain, Leonard dragged himself away from me, leaving a long trail of blood behind.

Nobody moved at first. Then Lucky Dude stood up and walked to Leonard’s side. Bending down, he inspected Leonard’s wound. The scissors was still halfway buried in his thigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment